General School Rules
All admissions will be accepted on prescribed form
Fee is payable at the beginning of every quarter. For details check fee & its other Provisions
Uniform must be adhered to strictly
These are outlined in the student diary
SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS WHO AVAIL BUS FACILITY
- Enter and leave the bus in a single line, with young children going in first
- Remain quietly and safely seated at all times in the allotted place while travelling until the bus arrives at its destination
- Not to eat or drink in the bus
- Parents should regularly check if all school circulars have been received and acknowledge them through the diary
CONTACT THE SCHOOL
- Staff members are to be contacted regarding school matters in school only during school hours
- Please refrain from directly visiting the classrooms at any time. The school office may be asked if there is a requirement to do so
- Monitor your ward’s progress and feel free to meet the concerned teacher by taking prior appointment
- Staff members may be contacted by email also (provision is there in parent’s suggestion/contribution)
- An appointment may be taken through school diary for matters requiring personal meeting
- Ensure that your ward has breakfast and arrange for your ward to reach the school on time, at least 5 minutes before the school begins
- All Kids Zone Montessori and Primary children are expected to bring proper lunch and water along with one small napkin for cleaning. Lunch box may contain green vegetables & seasonal fruits. Junk food like Wafers, Burgers, Pizzas should be avoided. School always discourages outside food although few eatables are available in the canteen
- Library will remain open from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm
- Total silence must be observed in the library
- All books have to be returned within 3 days (Library Card)
- If the books are not retuned on the particular date, a fine of `2 per day, per book will be charged
- Reference books are not for issuing. They have to be referred in the library only. On taking a reference book, the card is to be submitted to the librarian and while leaving the library, the book should be returned to the librarian and see that everything is in order
- No student is authorized to pass on a book taken from the library to anyone else
- The student should not take any book which is torn, from the library. If a torn book is brought back, he/she will be charged a fine according to the condition of the book
- If a book is lost, it must be replaced immediately or the student should report to the Principal. Actual cost of the book with `100 fine be deposited at fee counter immediately
- A student guilty of disobedience to the librarian or of disorderly conduct is liable to be debarred from the use of the library
- Student should make an entry in the library record given in this handbook whenever, he/she should get the signature of the teachers-in-charge
Leave during the term is sanctioned for not more than 3 days & only for the following reasons: Marriage of real brothers and sisters/real aunts & uncles/ first cousins. It is essential to attach the invitation card with the application forwarded to the Principal for leave prior to the date. UNDUE EXTENSION OF LEAVE WILL EARN NEGATIVE MARKS
LEAVE OR ABSENCE
- Any absence must be explained in the form of a leave note on the page provided for this in the
diary and must be signed by a parent and leave for more than 3days should be countersigned by
the Principal also. Pupils who absent themselves from the school without permission for more than
15 consecutive working days will be removed from the rolls
- Student will be bounded by the rules which are put in each laboratory. Breakage or loss of equipments by any student, double amount of actual cost has to be paid as fine
- Students are expected to be careful with regard to handling of the instruments and chemicals in the laboratory
- They will be solely responsible for themselves in case of injury because of their negligence
- A student must have put in a minimum of 85% of attendance for promotion to the higher class. Shortage of 15% can be condoned by the Principal on medical grounds. Shortage beyond this will be condoned
- Pupils who are removed from the rolls will be re-admitted only after the clearance of due and the remittance of re-admission fee
- Students should obtain Admit Card.
- If transfer certificate is applied after 5th of the month , that month tution fee has to to be paid along with other fees
- Transfer certificate will be issued only on the written request of parents followed by “No Dues” on the prescribed form. A fee of `200 is to be paid with the form while applying for T.C. 1 month prior
- Application for T.C. should be given till 25 February every year. If application is given after 1 April, full I term fee is payable
- Progress report will be prepared immediately after the 1st and 2nd Terminal Examinations. Parents can come and sign it on PTM day
- No cash or valuables are allowed in school. Valuables loss will not be the responsibility of the school
- No cell phones are permitted in school and any student caught with this will be asked to pay fine upto `500. Any student found to be making a call from any mobile will have to forfeit them. Electronic items with visual display are not permitted e.g. iPod, MP3, MP4, and Handy cams,
- Expensive Digital cameras should not be used
- The school reserves the right to dismiss those whose progress in studies are steadily unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to others or whose guardians show little interest in the progress of their ward. Immorality or contempt of authorities or willful damage to school property is always a sufficient reason for immediate dismissal
- Parents are earnestly requested to see that their children attend school punctually. They are expected to co-operate with the work of the school by ensuring regularity and discipline and by taking a keen interest in their children’s progress. They should check student school diary regularly and note the teacher’s placing their signature against the remarks
- All children are expected to come to school daily in fresh laundered uniform, with clean socks and well polished shoes. Any child who comes to school in a bad condition will be excluded from the class or sent home. If he/she continues to offend in this respect, he/she will be asked to leave the school
- Students are not allowed to leave the campus without an escort. Any student doing so will be deemed to have broken bounds and may be suspended or even expelled
- Only visitors who are close relatives (immediate family) and who have been authorized by parents (in writing), are allowed to meet their wards on Saturdays. A telephonic message will not be accepted. Visitors are not permitted on any other day whatsoever Visitors are requested not to linger beyond the stipulated time thereby making it necessary for staff-on duty to have to request them to have. Failure to do this will result in the students forfeiting an outing
- Specially in lunch break in school with due permission
- No one will be allowed to meet their wards except on days allowed as per hostel rules
- Parents/ Grandparents or close relatives (immediate family) authorized by parents in writing must always come in person to collect their wards from the school and bring them back at the end of an outing. If they are unable to do so, they must send a letter of authority with a responsible person to collect/ leave the wards. Failure to do this will result in the ward not being allowed to leave the school. Parents must handover their ward to the House Mistress after the outing. Girls are not permitted to go for an outing to a friend’s home. Parents must in all cases collect their wards in person from the school before Winter and Summer vacations
Every student should regularly carry with him/her school diary. The school uniform is to be worn on all school days
1.Students should take care of school property. They should not write or scratch on desks, chair, wall or door of the school nor should they damage the school property
2. The school is not responsible for the goods or money lost. Money should not be lent or borrowed or articles exchanged
3. A student who uses unfair means during tests will be given zero in the subject and warning letters. Repetition of the same will result in dismissal. Any student who is found tampering with marks in the progress-report and other school certificate will be asked to leave the school
4. Students should get their progress report signed by their parents/guardians and return them to the school authorities within three days of receipt
5. If by chance some children miss their bus, they should not try to go home by themselves but immediately inform the school office
6. Students are not allowed to use the telephone in school without prior permission of the principal nor will they be allowed to answer telephone calls during class hours. They will not be allowed to receive letter or other mail without prior permission of the principal
7. Students should always carry the identity cards with them
8.Students are forbidden to bring crackers, explosives and other dangerous materials to school
9. Girl students should not wear ornaments. They are not allowed to use nail polish, apply make-up/henna and grow long nails
(a) Boy’s hair should be neatly trimmed
(b) Girl’s long hair should be in two plaits
|Misdeed / Delinquency||CONSEQUENCE|
Habitual late coming without any bonafide reason or explanation from the Parent/guardian
|Anecdotal record. Recalcitrant offender (4th time onwards) will sent back home.
Disciplinary action will be take school authorities.
Using foul Language
If repeated-a pin card or grey card will be issued/ suspension
|Using unfair means in
|Debarred from the examination|
|Library book disfigured
|Book will be replaced /Paid for, Parental involvement|
Approach in handling offences by the authorities concerned.
instructions to the students
- Monthly haircut and daily clean shave has to be done by boys
- Nails to be trimmed weekly, Boys / Girls are not allowed to grow their nails
- Daily bath is compulsory for all students
- Shirt buttons should not be kept open and the shirt to be tucked in properly, irrespective of the dress i.e. uniform or coloured dress. Belts to be worn tightly and visibly
- Personal hygiene to be maintained
- Dyeing of hair or using hair gel is not permitted
- Hairstyle should be according to the norms of the school
- Designs, lines, arts, writings, patching, paintings or pictures on pants or shirts are not allowed
- Girl students should tie their hair in a double plait
- No pony tails nor loose hair is allowed in the school campus
- Students are not allowed to wear gold ornaments or any other type in the school or hostel and are not allowed to bring any electronic items in the school
- Children are not allowed to bring and use mobile phone in the campus
- Wearing uniforms during school hours is compulsory
- No low waist pants should be permitted in campus
- Alteration in stitching uniforms will not be allowed
- Using coloured contact lens is strictly prohibited
- Bringing/using of chewing gums, pan parag, alcohol, tobacco item, drugs, soft drinks & eatables, etc. to the school and Gurukulam campus is strictly prohibited
- Tattooing is strictly prohibited
TO THE PARENTS
Our school is for your child. So your child is a Very Important Person in our school. Our aim is to make him/her fit for life.
Your maximum co-operation is essential to bring out the best in the child.
- Parents are requested to sign the progress reports, answer papers and teacher’s remarks in the school diary and return them within the prescribed time.
- Parents have to meet the class teacher at least once in a month and all Parent Teacher Meetings.
- The participation of the father and the mother/guardian on the occasion of the school anniversary and seminars conducted by the PTA and the School authorities is compulsory.
- Students who are weak in the school subjects are given special coaching by the concerned teachers. Parents are requested to see that their wards avail themselves of this opportunity.
- Parents are requested to pay the fee regularly and to keep the fee receipts till the end of the academic year.
- To the best interest of their children, parents are requested to respond immediately when they are asked to call on the school authorities and teachers.
- Parents are expected to show due respect to the school authorities and teachers.
- Parents are expected to point out any mistake committed by the school in black and white, to the respective school authorities without any hesitation in order to achieve the full objectives of our school.
- If you have any complaint about the services rendered, please Inform the Principal / Managing Director in writing.